O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Office Quilts

When I first began quilting, I was reluctant to display my work publicly. Who would want to look at something I created? The first audience with which I felt comfortable was my colleagues at the office. After giving baby quilts, wedding quilts and birthday quilts and seeing the joy on the face of the recipients, I finally decided that people liked my quilts because they liked me.

That realization led me to create the first office signature quilt in 2001. I just thought that the people who had given me such enthusiastic encouragement should be enshrined in history. Everyone in the office signed a block and Fulton County Attorneys was born.

Later, when our office space was expanded, I decided to make a quilt for each conference room and the reception area. After going to all that trouble, why not have an open house and honor my County Attorney predecessors? So I did.

After every conference room was adorned with a quilt, new staff members felt left out because their name was not on a quilt. This led to the creation of an annual office signature quilt.

Now you know the history of “The Office Quilts.” Here they are. I hope you like them as much as the visitors to our office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home