O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Saying Goodbye to Fulton County


July 24, 2007 was my last day as the Fulton County Attorney. They say you should see the end from the beginning, and I had certainly planned for that day. However, nothing prepared me for the out-pouring of love that I received during what turned out to be a three day celebration. More about that later.

I certainly wanted to have a personal keepsake to remind me of my days at Fulton County so I designed Good Things are Happening as a personal quilt memento. The name comes from the slogan that my personal commissioner, Bill Edwards, uses to describe District 7. It measures 47 x 52 inches and depicts the Fulton County logo.

The rest of my planning involved giving away several quilts at my retirement party. Each are featured on this site. However, I could not have known about the love gifts that I would receive. Some of those will be featured here as well.

I guess retirement is right up there with graduation and marriage, so indulge me as I share my big moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home