O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gentleman Farmer will find a home in Alabama.

Since I was so busy making Christmas quilts for the Clara Ford Found Christmas Tour of Quilts, I only gave away one quilt as a gift this year. The quilt is called Gentleman Farmer. I generally don't do commissioned quilts. Somehow it takes the joy out of it for me. But when a special friend called and said she was dating someone who had absolutely everything except an "O.V. Brantley quilt", what could I do but help her give the perfect gift?!

Gentleman Farmer is made from 20 different fabrics that reflect the recipient's love of the outdoors. There is a wine print on the back because he also makes his own wine. It measures 64 x 80 inches, has a hanging sleeve on the back, and is signed and dated.

I hope he likes it. But more importantly, I hope he is worthy of my friend and the quilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home