O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Because I Felt Like It -- Atlanta Album (This Ain't Baltimore!)


I am really just a country girl at heart. I grew up in Crossett, Arkansas, a town of 6000 people even until this day. Even though I have lived in Hotlanta all of my adult life, I am drawn to all things country.

When I saw the designs that make up Atlanta Album (This Ain't Baltimore!), I thought, "This is as close as I will ever get to making a Baltimore Album quilt!" This quilt allowed me to practice raw edge applique and to do a little color exploration with the various threads. It is country with a touch of Africa. It measures 75 x 96 inches and was quilted by Sylvia Davis.

Atlanta Album (This Ain't Baltimore!) was exhibited at the 2005 Bulloch Hall show in Roswell, GA and the 2005 East Cobb County show in Marietta, GA. Later it won the 2005 Best of Show Award at the Brown Sugar Stitchers Quilt Show. It was selected to be included in the Georgia Quilt Project book that documents quilts in Georgia. The book is due out in November, 2006.
I haven't met anyone who does not love this quilt. It is my pride and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home