O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Flowers Hoping to Be Free Offered For Sale


I am a traditional quilter at heart. I love the old traditional patterns, but I like to add my personal touch to them. Flowers Hoping to Be Free is a traditional four block appliqué pattern that those who study quilts will recognize. The quilt is done in the traditional red, green and yellow color palette, but has a Christmas poinsettia border.

The quilt gets its name from the fact that it took me so long to finish it. It is hand appliquéd, and I started the quilt before I was very skilled in hand appliqué. I put it aside for years because it was just too difficult. Later, I took an appliqué class and was able to finish a quilt called Flowers Growing Free. I dug out my unfinished quilt and Flowers Hoping To be Free was born.

Flowers Hoping to Be Free measures 75 x 75 inches. The blocks are offset by red piping and the flowers are embellished with buttons. It is signed and dated. There is a hanging sleeve on the back for easy display.

Flowers Hoping to Be Free is offered for sale for $1200.00 in the Clara Ford Foundation Ebay Store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home