O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Greatest Gift!

The season is upon us! Shopping, eating, presents, parties and, of course, Santa. What a glorious time of the year. I love everything about the part of the year between Thanksgiving and New Years – the smell of turkey and pound cake in the oven. The Christmas decoration on the homes of my neighbors. The music and the lights of the mall. Leaving Santa cookies and milk. Christmas carols. I love it all, and I eagerly soak it up.

However, I always try to take a quiet moment to reflect on the true reason for the season – the gift of God’s only Son. Could I give up my only daughter? Never!! What magnificent love one must possess to take such an extraordinary action.

Since admittedly, I am nowhere near God-like, I try to emulate in my small insignificant way. I love giving QUILT GIFTS. Sometimes they are expected, but mostly they are unexpected. I love to see the shock and surprise on the face of the unexpected. You can see the realization cross their face as it sinks in that someone just gave them a gift that took months to create; that someone gave them a gift of pure love; and they wonder if they are worthy.

I love giving QUILT GIFTS. Featured below are some I have given in the past. My future QUILT GIFT list remains long. I am methodically working my way through it. My quilts are not the greatest gift, but they are given with the greatest of love that a mere imperfect human can muster.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home