O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Awesome African Elephants In My Garden" Series Reflects My Country African Style

I would describe my style as "Country African." I love traditional patterns reminiscent of the Civil War and the early 1900’s, but I like to give the traditional patterns a distinctive ethnic twist.

My Awesome African Elephants in My Garden series evolved from this philosophy. Each of the 12 quilts in the series begins with a traditional center block that has a garden theme. From there I allow my imagination to go wild. There is only on rule. There must be elephants in the quilt.

Each quilt measures approximately 50 x50 inches. A gray fabric depicting African elephants in their natural habitat adorn the back of each quilt. There is a hanging sleeve on the back of each quilt for easy display in your home or office.

Each of the quilts in this series sells for $750.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home