O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Retirement is a Bowl of Cherries: A Gift from the Quilting Sisters


In hindsight, I guess I should have known that my special group of quilting friends would not let the occasion pass without making me a quilt. I guess I also thought they could not keep a secret and when I had not heard anything. . . . . So when we gathered at our first quilting bee after I retired, and they presented me with Retirement is a Bowl of Cherries, I was totally surprised.

It has all of my favorite colors -- browns, taupes and reds. The quilting on it is beautiful. Thank you so much Roz, Marva, Max, Laura, Cathy and Bessie. It has a special place in my home library and in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home