O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Alpha Male (In Touch With My Feminine Side)

Alpha Male (In Touch With My Feminine Side) was a gift for Denval Stewart. The colors of the quilt were chosen with Denval in mind. I wanted black and gold because he is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, but he also has roots in Jamaica. So I thought the quilt should have bright Jamaican colors in it. After the quilt w was finished, I worried that it perhaps looked to feminine to give to a man. I even took the quilt to my guild meeting, and the Brown Sugar Stitchers said they thought it looked feminine.

Nonetheless, I decided to give it to Denval anyway and hoped he would understand. The name of the quilt reflects my anguish over this quilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home