O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

#2 Goes to Blanche Nichols

Awesome African Elephants in My Garden #2 was given to Blanche Nichols. Sometimes when you go through a trying experience with someone, you are somehow joined for life. Such is the case with Blanche and me.

Early in my career as a young lawyer in the City of Atlanta Law Department, I represented Blanche in a personnel case filed against her by one of her employees. Blanche was a Major in the Atlanta Police Department at the time. Having risen through the ranks in a tough male environment, Blanch was definitely a person of quiet strength, but being sued for the first time can rattle anyone. We won the case, and I know Blanche was happy about that. However, more importantly for me, this case was my epiphamy that there is something about me that makes strong people place their trust in me during their toughest moments. That was an eye opening lesson for me that defined the rest of my legal career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home