O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! The Beginning and the End

Finally July 24, 2007, my last day at Fulton County, arrived. Coincidentally, it happens to be my Mama's birthday. I knew it would be a special day.

My staff had planned this gathering as a private gathering where I could say goodbye to those closest to me. The guest list had 150 peoople on it! It was held at the lovely State Bar of Georgia building, and the party committee had outdone themselves. Food by Malik was delicious, flowers by Idonia were beautiful, and the wine flowed freely. My friends really know how to throw a party! (June, Judy, Toni and Debbie formed a committee.) My special IT guy Namaar had produced a video of my years in the Fulton County Attorney's Office that showed on wall-to-wall screens that surrounded the room. I still cry every time I watch it.

Again, there was a program. Many friends and former employees spoke. What I remember most is that you never know the impact you are having on other people. I had no idea!

Once the speeches were over, it was time to get to the fun part -- giving away the quilts. At my request, the program was entitled "The Quiltmaker's Gift." My gifts are posted here. Oh yeah, I did say you should see the end from the beginning. Posted here is the first quilt I made for the office. It is called Fulton County Attorneys and hangs in the main conference room. That was the beginning, and now you can see the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home