O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Fulton County Memories: A Special Quilt Gift

I sort of digressed. Let's get back to the party --The Quiltmaker's Gift Party. After I presented all of my quilts and promised to keep quilting so the unlucky ones could have hope, I was ready to thank everyone for coming. But to my amazement, out walked two pirates (Willie and Joe) with a treasure chest. There were some nice things in the chest, but guess what was at the bottom??? You guessed it -- a quilt!

Now this truly was a surprise that a staff of legal minds could manage to get me a quilt made. The quilt is beautiful and fun. I love the African prints in combination with the red border. I love anything red. But the fun part was that each member of my 40-person staff had included a charm that would remind me of them. They were so creative! India and I spent an hour playing I Spy on the quilt and trying to match the charm with the person. What a thoughtful, imaginative gift.

And people wonder why I cried when I retired. I left behind the greatest, most gifted group of people in the universe.

But as Arnold would say, "I'll be back!" They don't know it yet, but they are all a part of my future. But that's a blog for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home