O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A New Skill: Fabric Purses

The Clara Ford Foundation is participating in the Atlanta YWCA's Open Your Purse fundraiser. The event is being held September 25, 2007 at the Downtown Ritz Carlton. Four hundred (400) agressive women are expected to fight over the right to take home beautiful handbags.

The Foundation was aked to contribute fabric purses that will be auctioned at the event, and that forced me to learn how to make a fabiric handbag. I chose to make what I call Moving Uptown bags. These bags make me think of tea at Tiffany's or breakfast at Tavern on the Green -- with my own ethnic flair, of course. The bag shown here is done in an Aboriginal print.




Hmmm. There may be a line of these in my future. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home