O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Monday, March 24, 2008

I Survived Spring Break With My Teenager

India and I just returned from an eight-day cruise to the Caribbean. We had ports of call in Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. I am always searching for fabric when I travel, but I must admit this trip was not very fruitful. I did find some beautiful embroidered squares that may find their way into a future quilt. I usually try to commemorate our cruises with a quilt.

Notwithstanding striking out on the fabric search, it was a lovely cruise. I always take a quilting project with me to work on while I tan. Quilting poolside always draws a crowd and makes it easy to meet quilters from around the world.

The quilt shown here is from an earlier cruise in 2004 when I did find fabric. It contains fabric from Belize and the Cayman Islands. It is called Inspiration after the Carnival ship we sailed on that year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home