O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Black Butterfly inspired by India

I often say quilting is my therapy. I made Black Butterfly for the express purpose of helping me let go of my teenager. What do you do when all of a sudden your little baby girl is a woman?


My quilt Black Butterfly was inspired by the lyrics of a Denice Williams song called Black Butterfly. Part of the song says,
"Cause now that you're free and the world has come to see,
Just how proud and beautiful you are."

This quilt measures 70 x 87 inches. It has 12 black and white butterfly blocks that were hand appliqued. The butterfly blocks are offset by black and white hearts and set on point.

The quilt was exquisitely quilted by Ina Sanders. It is part of my private collection and India's inheritance.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger indianicole said…

    I don't think that I ever have looked at your blog, but you need to update it!!! And no this quilt is not allowed to be sold

    Love you,
    India!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home