O.V. Brantley Studio

A collection of exceptional quilts by O.V. Brantley, Atlanta, GA.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Lady is A Lawyer raises $1800 for Women of Color Scholarship Fund


Fifty years ago, President Dwight D. Eisenhower proclaimed May 1 Law Day. It is to be a "day of national dedication to the principle of government under law."

In honor of Law Day I share with you a quilt called The Lady is a Lawyer. It was donated to the Women of Color Attorneys for auction to raise money for its scholarship fund. I am happy to report that this quilt sold for $1800! I am thankful that I was able to play a small part in helping a young woman of color attend law school.

This quilt is part of my African Canvas Memory Quilt series and is #75 of the 100 quilts in that series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home